First and foremost I would like to convey my apologies to the readers of my blog, for the delay in the post. I was on vacation. Hence I was unable to post though I surely did prepare today’s recipe during my vacation & in turn was showered with accolades for the efforts. 🙂
Today, I shall present to you the recipe of Onion Chutney. This is extremely flavorsome recipe. It can add its flavor to any other boring dish. 😉 Hence, you can serve this with rice or chapathi or convert boring bread into yummy sandwich. Therefore you get many options while packing your lunch or kid’s lunch box by preparing this dish.
This recipe can be enhanced based on your liking. One can add capsicum also to the same recipe or replace the onion totally to get capsicum chutney.
Hence this recipe is here to impress both the onion & capsicum lovers.
So here I go..
1. Onion – 2 nos
2. Red chillies – 8-9
3. Curry leaves – ½ cup
4. Channa Dal / KaDle Bele / Bengal Gram Dal – 1 Tbsp.
5. Ginger paste – 1 tspn
6. Hunase hannu / Imli / Tamarind – one marble size
7. Coconut Gratings – ½ Cup
- Slice onions it into lengthwise pieces.
- Take a kadai, add ½ tsp. oil, pinch of hing, red chillies, curry leaves, KaDle Bele. Roast it till KaDle Bele turns golden burn.
- Keep the roasted ingredients aside & allow it to cool.
- In the same kadai, take 1 tsp. of oil & add onions to it.
Fry it till onion turns transparent.
- After onions are done, add to this coconut gratings, Saute it for a minute.
- Grind all the above ingredients with tamarind & little water.
- Add to this seasoning of mustard & jeera.
- After onions are done you can add chopped capsicum & sauté it for few minutes.
- Instead of channa dal one can use dry roasted Fried Gram Daal / Hurigad Le / Boona huva Channa dal
This is how the onion chutney looks like